The Mail app gets some valuable improvements with iOS 16. One of the main features is the ability to schedule emails to be sent at a specific time. Stay tuned for a hands-on look at how Send Later with Mail on iPhone works.
Apple’s Mail app got a mix of new features with iOS 16. Several of the main features are the option to send later, remind later, and even cancel sending an email if you act fast enough.
Below we’ll focus on how sending later works with Mail on iPhone.
Send Later with Mail: How Scheduled Email Works in iOS 16
iOS 16 is currently available as a free or paid beta for developers. Learn more about installing iOS 16 in our complete guide.
- When iOS 16 is running on iPhone, open the Mail app
- New email draft
- After writing your email, Long press the send button (blue arrow up)
- You can now choose to send at one of two preset times or choose send it later To use a custom time
- Click Done To set your email to “Send Later”
- Repeat to schedule more emails
- Head to the main Mail app screen to see all your emails set to send later
Important: Apple notes that you’ll need to keep your “device connected to the Internet to ensure email delivery” within the specified time.
Here’s how Send Later with Mail appears in iOS 16 along with more details:
Back on the main mail screen, you’ll see a file send it later your location. Tap on it to see all scheduled emails.
You can swipe right to left to delete one or tap one and choose Edit to change the scheduled sending time.
Read more about iOS 16:
FTC: We use affiliate links to earn income. more.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: