Team GO Rocket always lurks in the shadows of Pokémon Go, but every now and then, these bad guys come together for a takeover. This event brings new decks, a brand new Shadow Pokémon, and the chance to teach Shadow Pokémon new moves. Fortunately, here at iMore we have everything you need to know to get the most out of this event.
What is GO Rocket Takeover Team?
Team GO Rocket Takeovers are recurring events that feature new Shadow Pokémon, during which the Shadow Pokémon can be made to forget the frustration move. During the takeover, Team GO Rocket Invasions, in the form of hot air balloons and Rocket PokéStops appear frequently. During this Team GO Rocket Takeover, Giovanni will once again use Shadow Mewtwo, the most powerful Pokemon in the game so far. You won’t want to miss out on fighting and catching Shadow Mewtwo, so be sure to check out the best Pokémon Go accessories, so you’ll be fully equipped to send Team GO Rocket blasting back!
When is the next Team GO Rocket takeover?
The next GO Rocket Takeover runs Monday, November 14 through Thursday, November 17, 2022.
A potentially shiny Pokémon is indicated by an asterisk.
During the next Team GO Rocket Takeover round, players will be able to encounter the following Shadow Pokémon for the first time in Pokémon Go:
- Shadow Alolan Digit*
- shadow onyx *
- nato shadow *
- shadow wilmer*
- Shadow Juliet
During Team GO Rocket Takeover’s next round, 12KM Strange Eggs will be rescued from Team GO Rocket leaders, and they will split the following Pokemon:
- Larvitar *
- divorced *
- scorobe *
- Bonyard *
- vulabi *
- Dino *
Note: Sandile, Pawniard, Vullaby, Pancham, and Salandit can currently only be obtained from Strange Eggs. Additionally, this is the first time that Shiny Pawniard is available in Pokémon Go.
During the next Team GO Rocket Takeover round, players can collect a new special quest story centered on Shadow Mewtwo. Although Shadow Mewtwo has been available twice before, it’s on its own the most powerful Pokémon in all of Pokémon Go, and features the highest DPS and TDO, so you won’t want to miss out on catching one, even if you already have one or two.
Super monster protection efforts front page
- Defeat six Team GO Rocket Grunts for ten Super Potions
- Catch four Shadow Pokémon for ten Poké Balls
- Purify two Shadow Pokémon in exchange for ten types of Pinap Berries
Achievement rewards: missile radar, 15 Great Orbs, 2000 experience
Super Monster Protection Efforts Page Two
- Defeat GO Rocket Leader Sierra for 1500 XP
- Defeat GO Rocket Leader Cliff for 1,500 XP
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Arlo for 1,500 XP
Achievement Rewards: Super Rocket Radar, 1000 Stardust, 2500 XP
Super Monster Protection Efforts Page Three
- Look for Team GO Rocket Boss for 5 Maximum Potions
- Team GO Rocket Boss battle against 20 Super Balls
- Defeat GO Rocket Boss for five revivals
Achievement rewards: 2 Golden Razz Berries, Lucky Egg, 2500 XP
Super Monster Protection Efforts Page 4
- Automatically completed for 1500 XP
- Autocomplete for 1500 XP
- Autocomplete for 1500 XP
Achievement Rewards: Two Silver Pinap Berries, 2500 Stardust, 5000 XP
Note: This special quest line will be available to claim until the end of the Season of Light, December 1, 2022.
During the next Team GO Rocket Takeover, players can rotate PokéStops and Gyms to collect an exclusive Field Research quest for the following event:
- Defeat two Team GO rocket grunts to get a mysterious ingredient
GO Rocket squads
During the upcoming GO Rocket Takeover match, GO Rocket members will use new formations of Shadow Pokémon to fight trainers. Not only will you post new Shadow Pokémon grunts, but also Arlo, Cliff, Sierra and of course Giovanni himself.
Arlo’s new collection
- Shadow Mauel *
- Shadow Charizard, Shadow Salamence, or Shadow Staraptor
- Shadow Dragonite, Shadow Scizor, or Shadow Granbull
New Cliff collection
- shadow machine*
- Shadow Pinsir, Shadow Crobat, or Amoonguss
- Shadow Camerupt, Shadow Tyranitar, or Shadow Aerodactyl
The new Sierra collection
- Shadow Sableye*
- Shadow Flygon, Shadow Honchkrow, or Shadow Cacturne
- Shadow Cradily, Shadow Houndoom, or Shadow Snorlax
Giovanni’s new collection
- Persian shade
- Shadow Steelix, Shadow Rhyperior, or Shadow Nidoqueen
- Shadow Mewtwo *
During the next GO Rocket team takeover, players can enjoy the following additional rewards:
- Increased appearance of Team GO Rocket balloons
- Allowed TMs for Shadow Pokémon have been charged
Don’t miss the next GO Rocket Takeover team’s entry in Pokémon Go!
Between the chance to catch Shadow Mewtwo and the all-new Shadow Pokémon, you won’t want to skip the next Team GO Rocket Takeover. Also, be sure to check out the rest of our Pokémon Go guides so you can be the best like never before!