Sometimes we need to connect our computers to a larger screen. Here’s how to easily connect your Apple Mac to a TV, using a cable or wirelessly.
Macs are Apple’s line of personal computers – iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and more. It offers great capabilities that competitors find it difficult to catch up with in some cases. Protecting your MacBook Pro with a case will make it last longer, so be sure to buy it if you haven’t done so yet. Whether we want to introduce Keynote or watch a movie, sometimes we need to connect our computers to a bigger screen. Here’s how to easily connect your Apple Mac to a TV, either wirelessly or with a cable.
How to connect your Mac to the TV
To connect your Mac to a TV wirelessly, you must have an Apple TV. If you do, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Make sure your Mac and Apple TV are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network and Apple ID.
- Click on Control Center button in the menu bar on your Mac.
- Click screen mirroring.
- There you will find the name of your Apple TV in the list of available devices. Click on it.
- there he is! Your Mac’s screen will magically appear on your TV.
To connect your Mac to a TV using a cable, you will need an HDMI cable. If you do, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Plug the HDMI cable into its port on your Mac. If your Mac doesn’t have an HDMI port, you’ll need to get a separate dongle, dock, or adapter.
- Once your Mac is connected to the TV with an HDMI cable, the video and audio outputs should come through the TV screen and its speakers.
- there he is! You’ll be able to watch your favorite shows and movies on your TV, as long as the HDMI cable stays connected to both devices at all times.
Do you usually mirror your Mac’s screen wirelessly or via a cable? Let us know in the comments section below.