Besides being able to create custom iPhone lock screens with iOS 16, the focus mode gets some useful upgrades that make it easier to set up more fluidly and powerfully. New features include focus filters, the option to link focus modes to specific lock screens, set a custom home page, and more. Here’s a hands-on look at how to use Focus Mode in iOS 16.
Focus Mode in iOS 16 brings a new setup and customization design that makes it much smoother to get started and move forward.
And three major new Focus Mode features include linking to different iPhone lock screens, a custom home page setting, and new focus filters to make it easier than ever to stay on track with what’s important.
iOS 16 is currently available as a developer beta. The free trial of iOS 16 is scheduled to arrive in July. Learn more about installing iOS 16 in our complete guide.
Focus Mode in iOS 16: How to customize with lock screens, homepage, and filters
NB: If you’ve never used focus mode, head over to File Settings app > to focus and press + icon In the upper right corner to set up some – the new operation is more smooth and intuitive.
With iOS 16, you can now:
- Connect focus mode with your lock screens
- long press On the lock screen> Press to focus Near the bottom, now choose the focus mode that you want to associate with your lock screen
- Alternatively, you can head to Settings > Focus > Choose Focus > Select Choose Under “Customize screens”
- You can assign different focus modes to different custom lock screens and then swipe between them to switch focus modes automatically
- If you schedule different focus modes or use smart activation, your lock screen will also change when the focus modes change
- Set a custom home page for focus mode
- Go to Settings > Focus > Choose Focus > Make a choice Under “Customize screens” for the middle option to set a custom home page
- You can now choose between smart suggestions for your home screen page or an existing page – then you can customize it
- You can also set custom Apple Watch faces to associate with focus modes
- Focus filters
- Go to Settings > Focus > Choose Focus
- Swipe down and tap Add a filter
- Choose filters and press Add When you customize it
Connect focus mode with lock screens
Here’s how to set focus mode on a custom lock screen:
Repeat the same steps to change the associated focus mode or add focus modes to other lock screens. You can also change it from Settings > Focus.
As mentioned above, a great way to change custom lock screens automatically is to set them up using focus and scheduling modes or use smart activation.
Set a custom home page (home screen) for focus mode
This is a valuable feature that helps you focus only on the apps that you need/want to put a certain focus on – you can still access all of your apps, but the only app page you’ll see under the given focus mode will be what you set with the custom home page.
After choosing a new suggested Home Page or an existing page, you can tap Edit apps at the bottom to customize it.
Faucet Add In the upper right corner to set it as the main screen for the focus mode. You can also choose to associate a face of your Apple Watch with focus mode.
Support for focus filters, for now, includes Calendar, Mail, Messages, and Safari as well as two system filters for Low Power and Dark Mode.
Focus Mode at the conclusion of iOS 16
As in iOS 15, you can still set up smart activation (automation) for focus modes. And if you want to toggle the focus mode on or off manually, the quickest way to do it is still by pulling up the Control Center and clicking on the circle icon next to the focus mode.
Excited about the new improvements to Focus Mode with iOS 16? What are you most looking forward to using? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Read more about iOS 16:
FTC: We use affiliate links to earn income. more.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: