Adding to the list of carriers making it easier to start a test drive, Cricket Wireless now offers potential customers the ability to start a free and instant eSIM trial on iPhone. To read all the details.
Cricket Wireless — which is owned by AT&T and operates on its network — shared the news in today’s blog post:
“We are taking a bold step so that everyone can experience the game of cricket,” said John Dwyer, president of Cricket Wireless. “Once a new customer gives tryCricket a chance, they’ll see our great network, our affordable plans, and award-winning customer service, which is why customers who join Cricket stay with Cricket.”
As a refresher, other than an instant and hassle-free setup, one of the biggest benefits of eSIM experiences is that you can see the signal for both your current carrier and the one you’re testing simultaneously.
You can decide to continue using your existing carrier number and phone calls while using your cellular data trial.
T-Mobile was the first major carrier to launch eSIM experiences in 2021, and Visible running on the Verizon network did the same at the start of 2022.
Cricket Wireless eSIM Free Trial Details
- Unlimited talk and text with 3GB of data
- 14 day trial
- 5G network access from Cricket/AT&T
- Download the tryCricket app to get started in minutes
tryCricket app is now available for iPhone but it is not showing up in Google Play Store yet.
We’ve highlighted Cricket in our article guide for the best affordable iPhone plans, but here are some of the features of prepaid MNVO:
- Plans from $30 to $60 per month for the best unlimited plan
- No throttling on top of the unlimited plan
- 15GB Hotspot with the best unlimited package
- Discounts when adding more fonts
- No annual contract and monthly taxes included in the price
- Works on AT&T network including 5G
For a closer look at both major carriers and smaller carriers/affordable MNVOs, check out our detailed comparisons:
FTC: We use affiliate links to earn income. more.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: