Garmin launches a bunch of new fitness features, outdoor smartwatches, and even cycling computers.
These new software features are launching for select devices and will include some new heart tracking features and more. You can see more information below.
Some notable features1 Smartwatches in this software version include:
- SatIQ™: To help maximize battery life, SatIQ will automatically turn multi-band GPS on in areas that need it most, such as tight canyons or downtown areas with tall buildings, then turn it off when not needed to ensure athletes get the most out. from the battery.
- Heart rate variability (HRV): Track your heart rate variability while you sleep for better recovery processing and an overall health picture.2
- Morning report: When paired with a smartphone, get the daily weather and daily exercise suggestion, as well as information about last night’s sleep and HRV status. The report can be customized so that athletes can only view the details they want to see.
- Racing tool: View race prep information – including race day performance prediction, race day weather and countdown clock – all in one tool.
- Updated training status: Using new indicators such as HRV status, recent exercise history and performance, athletes will receive insights into their overall effort and whether they are training productively, peaking, or stressed out.
- stock tracker: Track up to 50 stocks – right from the wrist – with the Stocks app. Easily check stocks at a glance to monitor their prices and trends throughout the day.3
Some notable features1 For rotating computers in this version of the software include:
- Music controls: When paired with a compatible smartphone, control your music right on your Edge device.
- Training status: Using new indicators such as HRV status, last exercise history and performance, get insight into your overall effort and whether your training was productive, peaked or tense.4
- Sharpness minutes: See when to earn sharpness minutes during each ride.4
- Full eBike Support: Connect an ANT or ANT+ compatible e-bike to view custom eBike data, adjust assist levels and see remaining range based on a planned cycle.
Free software updates are now available. Customers can update their smartwatch or cycling computer by enabling automatic updates from their devices or using Garmin Express™. For a comprehensive list of features coming to associated devices, please click here.
You can find more information about the new fitness and tracking features coming to Garmin devices at the link below.
Filed Under: Technology News