Those of you who are fortunate enough to purchase a new iPhone and are wondering how to detach your Apple Watch from your old iPhone and connect it to your shiny new Apple device. You will be pleased to know that this quick guide will take you through the process of pairing and pairing your Apple Watch with a new iPhone without losing any data.
We’ll take you through the whole process of disconnecting or unpairing your old phone and Pair your Apple Watch with your new iPhone. Fortunately, when you unpair your Apple Watch with your old iPhone, Apple will automatically backup its data, making it easy to transfer everything to your new phone.
Back up your Apple Watch
If you’re worried about backing up your Apple Watch data before transferring it from one iPhone to another, you’ll be glad to know that Apple provides a full automatic backup service when you begin to unpair your Apple Watch from your old iPhone.
Unpair your Apple Watch with your old iPhone
1. On your iPhone, open the official Apple Watch app
2. Select the “My Watch” button in the lower left corner of the app, if it’s not already featured
3. Click on the “All Watches” link in the upper left corner of the iPhone screen
4. Here you will see a list of all the watches that are currently connected to your iPhone
5. Select what you want to disconnect or unpair with your iPhone by clicking the info icon on the right side. The small circle has the letter “i” in it.
6. Select the button at the bottom of the menu for “Unpair Apple Watch” and confirm your choice
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Once you have backed up your phone and transferred all the data to your new device, you can then connect or pair your Apple Watch with your new iPhone.
Pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone
1. Note before you make sure to select Restore from Backup when connecting your current Apple Watch to your new iPhone. Don’t forget to select the latest Apple Watch backup to make sure everything is available as before on your old phone.
2. To start the pairing process again, open the official Apple Watch app on your iPhone
3. Apple will then give you onscreen instructions to walk you through the process depending on your Apple Watch model, iPhone version, and iOS operating system.
4. Your new iPhone will now be paired with your older Apple Watch.
If you have both a new Apple Watch and a new iPhone, you can simply set up your iPhone by following the instructions provided by Apple on the screen and then connect your Apple Watch by entering the official Apple Watch app on your iPhone and selecting the pairing option.
If you need more help pairing or unpairing your Apple Watch from your iPhone, head over to the official Apple Support website where more information is available to troubleshoot any issues.
Filed under: Apple, Guides, Top News