Brie Larson is about to debut on Apple TV +.
Today, Apple TV + revealed (Opens in a new tab) A First Look at Lessons in Chemistry, an upcoming drama series starring Academy Award winner Brie Larson. In addition to starring, Larson is also the series’ executive producer.
The series, which is already in production, is set to premiere next year. In addition to Larson, the series will feature a cast that includes Emmy Award and Golden Globe winner Beau Bridges:
- Louis Pullman (Top Gun: Maverick, “Outer Range”) as Calvin
- Aja Naomi King (“How to Get Away with Murder”, “Sylvie’s Love”, “The Upside,” “The Birth of a Nation”) as Harriet Slone
- Stephanie Koenig (“The Flight Attendant,” “The Offer”) as Fran Frisk
- Patrick Walker (“Gaslit,” “The Last Days of Ptolemy Gray”) as Wakely
- Thomas Mann (“Time to Win: The Rise of the Lakers”, “Me and Earl and the Dying Girl”) as Burewitz
- Kevin Sussman (“The Big Bang Theory”, “The Dropout”, “Better Call Saul”) as Walter
- Multi Emmy and Golden Globe Award Winner Beau Bridges (“Acting: The First Six Lessons”, “Home”, “Goliath”, “Blood Line”, “Masters of Six”, “Fabulous Baker Boys”) as Wilson
What are the lessons in chemistry?
Lessons in Chemistry is a 1950s drama that follows Elizabeth Zott (Larson), “whose dream of being a scientist has been put on hold in a society that considers women to belong to the domestic sphere, not the professional one.”
When Elizabeth finds herself pregnant and single and expelled from her lab, she muster the ingenuity that only a single mother possesses. She accepts a job as an anchor on a TV cooking show, and sets out to teach a nation of neglectful housewives—and men who suddenly listen—much more than recipes…all the while longing to return to her true love: science.
It’s currently unclear when the chemistry lessons will debut on Apple TV+, but the company has revealed that they will come in 2023. If you want to ensure you’ll enjoy the series in the best possible quality next year, check out our Apple TV 4K review and list of the best Apple TVs in 2022.
The latest generation of Apple TV 4K features an upgraded processor, support for higher frame rates, and an all-new Siri Remote.